What is Pinterest? And What Pinterest Means To Your Business
Haven’t gotten Pinterest working for your business yet? Don’t even know what it is?
Unless you’ve been preoccupied running your business over the past few months, you know that Pinterest is the hottest social media website on the planet.
What Is Pinterest?
One of the questions we get asked is, “What is Pinterest?” Pinterest is a content sharing service that allows members to “pin” images, videos, and other objects to their pinboard. Pinterest also includes standard social networking features. Content shared on Pinterest can spread like wildfire around the Internet.
Who Is Pinterest For?
The short answer is…for you and your business
“If you had the opportunity to make your business part of someone’s vision board, would you do it? Pinterest is that vision board.” ~ Heather Allard (Pinterest team)
What is Pinterest? Consider Pinterest as a visual buffet – a “look book” if you will – of all the things we crave in life.
Who is Pinterest for? Those not in the know dismiss Pinterest as being “…just for girls”. And, although Pinterest may not make sense for certain businesses (e.g., heavy equipment manufacturers, power-tool retailers, etc.), some uniformed web marketing agencies misguide their clients across the board into believing that Pinterest isn’t worth pursuing. Both are good new for you because you won’t have them competing with your business on one of the fastest growing social media properties in history.
Consider the metrics for Pinterest…[important color=”red” title=”Must-Read Pinterest Metrics”]Check-out the latest metrics on Pinterest, and you’ll see why you want to start using Pinterest now to grow your sales:
- Pinterest received 17.8 million U.S. unique visitors in February 2012 (comScore)
- Pinterest is now the 3rd Most Popular Social Network
- Pinterest’s traffic grew 52% between January and February of 2012, overtaking Tumblr, LinkedIn, and Google+ in number of visits in February
- Pinterest user engagement is up to 89 minutes per month on the website and, while it doesn’t come close to Facebook (yet), it now matches Tumblr which used to come in at a solid second place
- Pinterest remains dominated by women (60%) ages 25-44 (55%) (Experian)
Pinterest – Digging A Bit Deeper
Why a business would not want to be part of the Pinterest community because it’s dominated by women defies logic. Andy, why a web marketing agency would advise their clients to skip Pinterest…seems a bit like malpractice to us.
Why? Check-out the power of the purse:
- 85% of all brand purchases are made by women
- 22% shop online at least once a day
- 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others
- The average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists: 171
- 76% want to be part of a special or select panel
- 58% would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device (only 11% would ditch their laptops)
- 51% are moms
- Women spent 80% of all sport apparel dollars and controlled 60% of all money spent on men’s clothing
- Women comprise about one-third (34%) of the adult audience for ESPN sport event programs
What Is Pinterest To Your Business?
Consumers would typically not go to Pinterest looking for, say, a cosmetic surgeon or a real estate attorney in their local area. But, [inset lr=”right”]What is Pinterest? For a business, Pinterest is “Top of Mind Awareness”[/inset]if you’ve built-up a relationship with the Pinterest community, when certain community members located in your area find themselves looking for a cosmetic surgeon or a real estate attorney at some point in the future, wouldn’t it be great if you came to mind instantly?
So, what is Pinterest to your business? Top of mind awareness.
As you’re reading this, you begin to realize that Pinterest can be an effective marketing channel for your business.
And, you can be poised to scoop up the consumers that your competition will be missing out on…because they’re still asking, “What is Pinterest?”
How We Can Help Your Business With Pinterest
Working with us, here’s what you’ll get:
- The 5 things you must have to optimize Pinterest for the best exposure for your business
- The way to market on Pinterest
- The fastest way to manually add massive amounts of new followers
- The best time to submit your pins – Do this wrong and your pins may never go viral
- The one thing that will ensure your pin never makes it to the Popular page
- How to take advantage of who’s pinning you
- The secret to making your pin go viral
Here’s What To Do Next…
Now that you know the answer to, “What is Pinterest?”, call us now at (408) 890-6395 to get your business pinning with the best of them.